monday


Wake up, Monday morning, wondering why… what is the point of it all? The second you step outside you see them; the busy ones buzzing around, coffee cups in hand and their days carefully planned. They are so excited to be heading back to their offices… to be escaping their families… to push onwards and upwards for a profitable new week whilst you feel as if you just might die at any given moment. It doesn’t matter if you drive or walk or catch a train, you will see them everywhere... they will be holding their Starbucks coffee… it’s not about the coffee, it is about the status, the symbol, the message. Everyone who drinks it has some serious mental issue. The younger ones sip a red bull… it is not about the drink… it is to say ‘I partied hard last night, I am cool, I never slept but I am still up and about my business… I repeat; I’m just so cool.’
So, what is the point? Why do we drag ourselves on through the sludge and drudgery of this daily play… this tragic comedy in which nobody wins? Even those who think they are winning eventually lose for we all end up with an illness or a sick family member or a cheating husband or wife or a death in the family. It happens to all of us.
On days like this I envy the homeless. They do not have to come into the office tired and miserable… hungover. It’s not natural. I know I am an ungrateful bastard but I just can’t help it at this moment in time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

San Diego & Las Vegas

no reply

winter