death and life.


I have spent most of the week thinking about death. This is not necessarily an unusual thing, it just seems much closer to home and relevant right now. Many people fear finding out that they are going to die relatively soon but, in a sense, isn’t that preferable to suffering a sudden and tragic demise? If you know that the days are limited, you can tell people how you felt about them. You can write and record things that you want people to read or hear once you’re gone and you can spend your time doing things more valuable than sitting in an office. Which leads me to the pertinent question; why do we not spend our time doing this before discovering that the end is nigh? Oh, I know… it is because we don’t want to be homeless and hungry. Fair enough.
Speaking of which; those positivity posters are bullshit. Always. Every last one of them. Bullshit.
Also… people try so hard to impress. A random conversation and they throw in ‘oh, I have read this… oh, I have done that’… why try so hard? The only thing that you should try to do is to enjoy your life and to find meaning in your own life. Try to find enlightenment and expand your mind. Don’t spend your time trying to make people think that your life is amazing. If I spend my weekends reading, alone, the people I speak to at work the following weak think that I am a boring ‘loner loser’. But what does that matter if I enjoyed every moment of my weekend?
Live life… try to enjoy it… don’t sacrifice yourself entirely… be an individual and be yourself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

San Diego & Las Vegas

no reply

winter