hell


I read a poem by Bukowski this morning, as I do most mornings, and I can’t recall the name of it right now as I am at my desk at work and the book is at home on the floor in my room. However, in the poem, Bukowski writes about sitting at his desk writing and how he hears someone on the news say ‘We need Oil and Energy for the Future of America.’ Bukowski writes: ‘I think: “Fuck you, buddy”.’
I read on with a smile on my face as he then described walking over to the little fridge in his writing room; ‘Seven steps… that’s one step for every decade I have been alive…’ to get another drink.
 Ah, with a light heart and a smile upon my ugly face, I got up prepared to face another day in this dog eat dog world. I drove along the highway and saw people racing and pushing and fighting to get to their office, sipping their Starbuck as they raced. I even saw a guy eating his breakfast with a spoon as he drove along in a sweat to overtake me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

San Diego & Las Vegas

no reply

winter