soulless



I’m at home, alone, as usual, and digging through my book shelves trying to find books that I can loan to those who have asked if I have anything they might like. I try to find something that would appeal uniquely to that individual and it brings me great pleasure to find books that are relevant. I have a glass of wine and read some of the social media networks only to discover that people are watching celebrity chef or celebrity big brother or some celebrity show or other. Others are being treated to holidays in the soulless Las Vegas... a soulless man takes a soulless woman to Las Vegas because he is so desperate to have sex with her he is willing to go that far. Why do I use the word ‘soulless’? I don’t have a soul. None of us do. But, you know what I mean. The expression Soulless = shallow, fake, plastic, phoney, empty, of no substance. Las Vegas and Dubai, the soulless person’s havens. I’m too old fashioned for this McDonalds shaped planet. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

San Diego & Las Vegas

no reply

winter