banalities



Thank you for reminding me that no one really cares. No one asks how you are because they are not interested and, what’s more, they are afraid that your answer will be too laborious. And, so often, your answers are that way; long and drawn out and boring. Many people ask how you are because they want to tell you how they are and they don’t want to wait for you to tell them about your life before they begin unfolding their trivialities. Daily discussion is all so banal. I’m tired. I’m tired of listening to the intimate details of ordinary material objects being discussed. There are people I want to get my hands on… and with whom I want to talk about the pleasures of life, but that is where it ends. Sadly, at this point in time, such pleasures are not to be mine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

San Diego & Las Vegas

no reply

winter