fortune



Tonight I feel a sadness for everyone and everything… for all the sorrow and suffering in this world. I feel remorse for every single person who is hungry or in pain or sick or afraid or heart broken or even disappointed. And why is it that animals, children, and adults are abused, beaten, neglected, and hurt? Why are families torn apart by illness, distance, crime, and death?
                I realise how fortunate I am in so many ways at times like this. Yes, I have suffered loneliness and I have been hurt physically, emotionally, and mentally. Yes, I have experienced loss through death and loss through people losing interest and walking away. I have seen my parents suffer and I’m greatly distanced from them. And yet I have loved beautiful and intelligent women. I have fascinating male and female friends. I am appreciated at work. I have travelled freely and I have had opportunities that many millions of people have never had. I am grateful for those who came along and gave me love even though they eventually decided to leave for whatever reason. My life has been full of meaningful relationships and events and I am a lucky man.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

San Diego & Las Vegas

no reply

winter