even in dreams



Even in my dreams you no longer offer me solace. For some reason we fell to the pavement together and I joked that you wanted me... you said ‘I wanted you once, many years ago, but that has passed and you need to let go.’ You went on to explain why it was that I wasn’t attractive any more but I can’t recall the words... something to do with the fact that I was still clinging to what it was we’d had all those years ago. It’s not as easy to let go when life is spent in books and films and music and lost hope.
                Alas, as of this morning, I am now officially registered to begin my Master’s Degree in September of this year. It is something to challenge the mind and has already introduced me to a couple of interesting new books – both of which arrived yesterday as the first couple of about a million that I have to buy – the first of which already has me ensconced; Dusklands by J M Coetzee.
                Anyway... life lingers on for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

San Diego & Las Vegas

no reply

winter