potential



‘All alone I’ll be an Empire’ were the words once wisely uttered by Doctor Greg Graffin. There are oft times when I long for those I cannot have and build myself into a state of morbidity over a lonely weekend in my home but then I realise the potential and the unbridled joy of being single. One message from a friend could lead to anything from a brief trip to the pub for a few drinks to a night out on the town to European trip. These trips themselves are fraught with potential for what may happen; a discovery of an incredible place, the making of a friend, or a romantic fling with a relative stranger. I often wonder what it must be like to be a single woman being approached by men in almost every place they visit, being bought drinks when out in pubs and clubs, and being begged for a secret kiss or a moment’s chance. Never the less, I have been very fortunate to have visited Europe, America and Africa as a single person travelling alone or with a friend and to have experienced some incredible things and to have met fascinating people.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

San Diego & Las Vegas

no reply

winter