potential



‘All alone I’ll be an Empire’ were the words once wisely uttered by Doctor Greg Graffin. There are oft times when I long for those I cannot have and build myself into a state of morbidity over a lonely weekend in my home but then I realise the potential and the unbridled joy of being single. One message from a friend could lead to anything from a brief trip to the pub for a few drinks to a night out on the town to European trip. These trips themselves are fraught with potential for what may happen; a discovery of an incredible place, the making of a friend, or a romantic fling with a relative stranger. I often wonder what it must be like to be a single woman being approached by men in almost every place they visit, being bought drinks when out in pubs and clubs, and being begged for a secret kiss or a moment’s chance. Never the less, I have been very fortunate to have visited Europe, America and Africa as a single person travelling alone or with a friend and to have experienced some incredible things and to have met fascinating people.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

it's not someone else's fault.

big foot beats Jesus

their envy