nothing


Each event in our lives is mixed with excitement, joy, hope, pain, suffering and sorrow. We can never make everyone happy with the decisions we make and we can never have all things perfect. To move on to something, something else must be left behind. Opportunities mean that certain people, animals, bonds, comforts must be left behind so that we can venture into the unknown. What is it all about? What is the right thing to do? If we sit still and contribute all that we can we are told that we are unambitious and that we are afraid of change and will never progress. If we show ambition and make change and leave certain things behind we are treated like we are selfish or a traitor.
            And so it is that I have the opportunity to go to work in Madrid, Spain, and I feel privileged and honoured to have received this offer. I am excited at the prospect of visiting Madrid and actually working there. However, it means that my cats are potentially on the brink of being homeless and that my new colleagues who have put so much time and effort into training me and making me feel welcome have to be left behind for at least a brief period of time.
            Remaining in the same place for life is easy… and unacceptable. Nothing else is easy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

San Diego & Las Vegas

no reply

winter