smoke


I stank of smoke and didn’t mind because it was your smoke. We’d stood outside together, alone in the rain, and I felt the first bits of warmth begin to soak into my bones. I invited you to lunch and you agreed, so we walked to the hotel where you drank coffee and I drank beer. You opened up for the first time in years and it was like a magical unwinding of the clock, I was transported back to when the flames burnt brightly upon the furnace of our passion. I wondered why… I wanted us to return to what we had… do you not realise that you are still the one I love and want? Sat there beside you I gazed at your lips and your eyes and desired nothing more than to touch your face and to kiss you deeply as we used to. I would write more but I am too drunk.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

San Diego & Las Vegas

no reply

winter