written last night


In Spain and, as one might expect, the emptiness that never leaves my side has followed me. Along with emptiness is the fresh pain from the recent handing over of my beloved cats and I start to ask myself what I am doing. I start to question the selfishness of us all as human beings. Animals depend on us and we simply treat them like commodities. Our own ambitions and desires push us on always and what, ultimately, is the point of it all? The beauty of our animals is the fact that they do not seek change or progress. Their only ambition is to eat and sleep. They do not ask questions, they do not judge, they simply love. And, their reward? Rejection. Human beings are not advanced creatures… we are flawed in our selfish ambitions. There is so much that we could learn from the peace and calm and silence of animals.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

San Diego & Las Vegas

no reply

winter