positive


Recent times have brought great excitement to my life. There has been recognition and reward. I’ve felt loved and felt love for others and I have developed deep emotional ties. I have been challenged mentally and physically and have learned a great deal in science and wisdom as a result. I have visited various countries and been exposed to diverse cultures and beliefs. I have consumed alcohol to the point of collapse and partied through the night in strange foreign cities. A few negatives arose from these excesses and my health suffered and is still recovering. I witnessed a friend die for a few minutes in a hotel room and I also felt the pain of rejection and loss. However, I sit here tonight feeling proud of the impact I’ve made in recent times but terrified of where this is all going as well as being excited. I have had to change. The negative, pessimistic anti-establishment punk rocker always hell-bent on fighting dogma, tradition and convention is suddenly helping to build a global framework in the working environment. For some reason, I feel good about it. It’s like, for the first time, this little group of nerds has power. A little group of really good people, really decent people, is working towards a goal that will benefit thousands and thousands of people. They work towards this goal together and they do it unselfishly and in humility. They do it not because it will make them rich or powerful but because they love the work they are doing… they love the science and philosophy of it all… and they are very good at what they do. Right now I am proud to be a part of this and I hope that I can continue to do this as long as possible.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

San Diego & Las Vegas

no reply

winter