lose


I sit here in the early morning darkness, sipping a cup of coffee that reminds me of the desolate isolation that encompasses me now and stretches out before me like a vast and empty ocean. The love in my life, the beauty of youth, has departed to find fulfilment in other people and things but I am kept company by this familiar feeling of loss and sadness. There is relief too for there is no longer pressure to provide happiness or comfort or love or laughter or hope or help to another one so close and so meaningful. I gave all I could but ultimately loved too much and hoped for too much love in return. Too much love is like none at all, it pushes people away and sends them spiralling into the wilderness of dreams of something better. We spend much of our lives searching for better but when we finally find it, we find it in someone who is searching for better. We all lose.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

San Diego & Las Vegas

no reply

winter