flicker


A walk in the cold night air shortly after the Madrid sun has sunk and the sky is pink and orange. Past the institute of biodiversity and the water features I walk and I am dazzled by the beauty of this city, and I am proud to witness these sights walking so close to my own home. Moments later I am with friends, Spanish, French, Argentinian… I am the only Englishman and, although I miss the English, I am pleased by the variety of nationalities in my life these days. Beers begin to flow… conversations become ridiculous… there is sushi… then there is gin and tonic… standing outside next to a tube of flickering lights and looking to the star-filled sky I think of those who no longer care if I live or die… and, for some reason, they still mean a lot to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

San Diego & Las Vegas

no reply

winter