as i lay dying


It was one of those days, raining and grey… beautiful… and sad. I finished reading Love by Toni Morrison and started reading As I lay Dying by Faulkner. I couldn’t get you out of my mind so I messaged to offer you breakfast. You thanked me but never gave a yes or no and I knew it meant you wouldn’t come. I felt happy alone anyway. I had planned a day of literature and film (and alcohol) but realised there was no wine in the house so I put my jeans on and stepped outside to walk to the shop. My leg was still hurting badly from a recent injury and it started to rain even more heavily, so I simply walked into the little Chinese store across the street from my apartment and bought a bottle. Walking back I nearly slipped and smashed my face into the door but I made it back safely to sit beside the open window, watch the rain, and think of you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

San Diego & Las Vegas

no reply

winter