uniquely

Walking home beside you as the sun sinks into the grey mass of buildings I know there is nowhere else I’d rather be. However, I sense that you are on edge, that you’ve had a bad day or two and people have pushed you too far. Your sharp wit is coiled and ready to lash out at anything that is banal, anything that is a cliché, anything that is said without thought. I realise that I need to be alert and navigate this perilous period. It is almost a form of higher training and I love you all the more for it. It helps that now we are just friends and, in that, we can both get away with more than we could before. In a relationship the complexities are immense and often the road too straight and narrow to follow… now we seem to have found the correct place and yet I have to be cautious because I still love you and the things that you do to make you uniquely you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

it's not someone else's fault.

big foot beats Jesus

their envy