uniquely

Walking home beside you as the sun sinks into the grey mass of buildings I know there is nowhere else I’d rather be. However, I sense that you are on edge, that you’ve had a bad day or two and people have pushed you too far. Your sharp wit is coiled and ready to lash out at anything that is banal, anything that is a cliché, anything that is said without thought. I realise that I need to be alert and navigate this perilous period. It is almost a form of higher training and I love you all the more for it. It helps that now we are just friends and, in that, we can both get away with more than we could before. In a relationship the complexities are immense and often the road too straight and narrow to follow… now we seem to have found the correct place and yet I have to be cautious because I still love you and the things that you do to make you uniquely you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

San Diego & Las Vegas

no reply

winter