two weeks ago

July 5, 2015

My friend’s neighbour has chickens and they live in a pen directly outside of my friend’s kitchen window. When I am in England and staying at his house I interact with the chickens and, over the months, I have fallen in love with them. They are bright and they are curious. They are always awake, like myself, and this makes me feel like they are always there for me. They seem lonely and lost… confused… uncertain as to why they are here. It seems that they are reaching out for love… or even just to be seen. I relate to them. Sadly, they exist quietly, unnoticed, without much reason to continue. It’s early morning coffee time with my feathered friends and if we could speak we would probaby say to each other ‘don’t worry… I understand’. Perhaps they would offer deep words of wisdom. Perhaps they despise the human race for the enslavement we have forced upon them. All I know right now is that they seem lonely and lost just like me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

San Diego & Las Vegas

no reply

winter