I am pleased to confirm that you have satisfied the requirements for the Master of Arts in English


March 4, 2016
Sitting in the living room of my parent’s house on the South African coast I received an e-mail from the University. I assumed it was one of the standard mails that arrives from them from time to time such as a newsletter or miscellaneous information but I opened it instantly anyway, just in case it was the result of my Master’s degree. The mail read ‘your result is currently being transferred to the student homepage and should be available shortly.’ I slowly opened the Student Homepage with palpitating heart, convinced I had failed, trying to decide if I should tell anyone. Upon arrival on the student homepage I saw the word ‘PASS’ and a smile formed on my face that I was unable to remove for quite some time. I ran to tell my mother and the sounds she made caused my dad to run into the room to ask what was wrong. It was a great moment that was perfectly timed and I am so utterly relieved to have passed. These things fade away in time but, for now, I am enjoying this moment and celebrating this achievement.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

San Diego & Las Vegas

no reply

winter