fall


I awoke in the middle of the night, alone in that Boston hotel, and reached out for my phone to try to determine the time. My little finger struck the hotel room phone and it automatically started to dial reception on speaker. I leaped up and tried to end the call but it was too late, they answered before I could hang up. ‘I am sorry, I accidentally dialled.’ It was 4am, I was awake for the day. Fortunately, unlike yesterday, I had coffee cups this morning and was therefore able to make a cup of coffee. The morning before I’d had to go walking around the hotel in my pyjamas until I found a very helpful Mexican lady… I asked her for coffee cups in Spanish and she gave me 14. I suppose a British guy speaking Spanish in a hotel in the USA is not a very common event.
            In the centre of Boston an Irish man hands me English Ale brewed with American ingredients and talks to me about football (European football). I get drunk, hand him many notes and leave. In the park I call Spain. Then I call England. Then I get a train closer to my hotel and an old Albanian man drives me the rest of the way to my hotel. I open a beer from San Francisco and fall against the wall. Assuring myself that I am not drunk I sit down to listen to some music.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

San Diego & Las Vegas

no reply

winter