what does it mean?


The things that happen in the secret dark corners of miles away are often unbelievable. Out there, across the ocean, over a fence, behind a hedge, on a bench, in a park, fuelled by wine, a friend might kiss the one you love and it always all means nothing. The one you love might already be married and the friend might have a girlfriend or a boyfriend and it always means nothing and everyone is always looking for the next thrill but there is something in the back of the mind that says ‘be faithful, strive for the traditional relationship… the same one that your parents and your grandparents and every generation since the dawn of mankind has had.’
And it always means nothing.
We spend our time worrying… ‘Will they leave me? Will they fall in love with someone else? Will they get bored and cheat on me?’ The answer is yes. Stop worrying. It happens, always, everywhere, to everyone and, guess what, it always means nothing. I sometimes hate myself a little bit these days when I think of the times in my life that I spent worrying if someone would cheat or leave or whatever it was… they always did and I am still here now. I am older and wiser and happier than I have ever been. I love music and literature more now than I ever have. I love my job and have a good career. I have never learned to take care of myself and it may already be too late to reverse that but if I die tonight I can safely say that I have lived and I have enjoyed it and I have danced to the last with a boozy grin on my face.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

San Diego & Las Vegas

no reply

winter