the end of everything

In the dream we were in a swimming pool, surrounded by friends and strangers. You were naked and it was the most natural and beautiful thing anyone had ever seen. You were laughing and joking with me and our friends, aware of my love, were smiling. Suddenly, it changed, you started to shout at me as you climbed from the pool. You were saying that I had recently been aggressively flirtatious with you and that you never wanted to see or speak to me again. Our friends were sad, shocked, looking at me as if they were uncertain if I deserved pity or scorn.
A few moments later I had moved onto the next nightmare in which swans were gathering at the major lakes of the earth in preparation for the end of the world as floods washed cities into ruin and people drowned in their hundreds of thousands. From watching this I was suddenly washed out to sea and the current was pulling me rapidly to an icy and lonely death. As I rushed out in the foamy water and ice I wondered what creatures were below and how my parents were doing and what they would think of this.
Today, awake, I pine for you in a way I have not done for a long time.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

San Diego & Las Vegas

no reply

winter