over


We walked down to the beach, Malibu beach, and sat upon the scorching sand. Her hair was tied back but for a few strands that flirted freely in front of her face. As I sat fixated she took my hand and held it. I realised that there was nowhere on the planet I’d rather be… no one on earth I’d rather be with. The world couldn’t seem more perfect.
            ‘you must be so content.’ She said.
            ‘I am.’
            ‘There are so many beautiful women on the beach.’
            ‘I have not seen a single woman on this beach beside you.’
What I said was true. She was magnificent and everyone else faded into a backdrop of insignificance.
            ‘Ahhh, you say the most beautiful of things.’ She whispered.

A few hours later our friendship was over forever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

San Diego & Las Vegas

no reply

winter