blood red sun

 A blood red sun rises over the lake as the earth once more starts to shake in fear of the heat that will bake into it again, relentlessly for the innumerable day in a row. The scorched ground is cracked in desert fashion, all is parched. The only thing more parched than the soil is my love life… but that is a story for another day. It’s calm and pleasant in the office, there is some humour and companionship. However, having arrived at 06:30, I left at midday and walked home to work for a couple of hours in peace and quiet. I logged a ticket to ask maintenance not to remove the cat’s bowls… then discovered they had not removed them. 

                  An eerie sense of positivity has crept in. Actually, that is more dramatic than it sounds, since turning 40, almost thirteen years ago, I have been mostly positive throughout that time. This is simply the result of learning to simplify my life by making small decisions such as living within walking distance, or public transport access, of the office, remaining debt-free, living as frugally as possible, and earning more money as my career has developed. Not only that, but I met extremely good fortune just as I was turning 40 and was offered the opportunity to leave the cold, wet, grey skies of England for the sunny blues ones of Spain and then, three years after that, the USA. I has kept life fresh and hopeful. Now see hope in new building management, I see hope the political tide turning, and I also feel more acquainted and comfortable in my latest role at work. And, once again, I feel fortunate to be in such a role with such a great team.

                  Having said that, of course, my true dream would be to wake up each morning and be free to read and write and contemplate the universe. 


Lake Carolyn, Las Colinas

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

it's not someone else's fault.

big foot beats Jesus

their envy