Cognitive dissonance.
He hates the mail in ballot as much as any baby boomer hates remote work, the death of the fax machine, the cloud, LGBTQ+, anything remotely progressive. He, like most late Gen X and Baby Boomers, can’t understand these things because he simply lacks the ability to see life from the perspective of anyone else. Like all narcissists. If remote work does not work for them (because they can’t act like a dominant boss in front of their family) then remote work doesn’t work for anyone. If cloud technologies mean that their local team don’t have to be on 24/7 stand by, then it means life may become better for people and that upsets them because they ‘had to suffer’ when they were younger and therefore want everyone else to suffer for the rest of time. He is a weak and pathetic man with many weak and pathetic supporters. Dominance, control, hierarchy, that is what they crave. Control is their main desire… they want to control because they feel they are superior in every way and, therefore, they should control. Bring back the fax machine.
Moving on... a few drops of rain finally fell this morning. Not enough, but just a promise of more to come. As I mentioned before, I know there will be more on the day that I fly to San Diego. Potentially a severe storm that day as well as the day that I fly back. But I don’t mind being stuck in San Diego for a little while. Last night I received a mail to say that the harbour cruise I booked for the middle of the week that I am there has been cancelled, but the mail gave no reason. I was able to reschedule, but the only available time was just a couple of hours after I land. It’s a risk, but I booked it and will do my best to make it in time. In hindsight, that will be an amazing way to kick off the trip. If I make it, I’ll be able to walk directly from the boat to Ketch Brewing from where I can watch the sunset as I sip a drink at the bar.
Lake Carolyn, Las Colinas, Texas, USA.

Comments
Post a Comment