The Empire of the Hermit.

 Three years ago, on this day, I was in Europe. I did it right… I went for a work trip to France and then took vacation in France and Spain. This time last year, I was in Europe again, but I did it wrong. I took a vacation first in Spain, then France, and had to cut it short to work. This also meant that my vacation was spent thinking a little bit about work and my preparation for that as I had to present several times during the work period. Having learned from that mistake, in March this year I went again and really did it right. I worked from France, then took a vacation in France and Madrid and really was able to relax and enjoy the time. 

                  This year I have travelled less than most years in the last twenty years… that is because I am saving every penny I can to build an empire. The Empire of the Hermit. An Empire of solitude and peace and distance. One that recognizes that to be single and have no children is a true blessing. I am grateful every single day to be single and without children. That’s the reason I am debt-free and building wealth. That and because I don’t feel the need to go out every night, nor buy things every day like many people do who complain that they are living pay check to pay check.

                  9:30pm, I go outside, there is a guy mixing paint next to my car in the car park. I move my car. 05:30am, I go outside to feed the cat and move my car back… one of my neighbours is getting into her car. I don’t recall having a moment alone in the car park. I am sure if I went out there at 2 or 3am there would be people walking around or driving around. One day I will write a research paper on this car park. We have a lake on one side of the building and a hiking/biking path through nature on the other side… why visit either of those when you can simply get your steps in in the car park? 

                  

                                    Madrid, Spain. 


                                    Bay of Angels, Nice, France

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

it's not someone else's fault.

big foot beats Jesus

their envy