The importance of being single.

Light gently pours into the inky black sky and a calm quiet Sunday morning forms with peace and a promise that the day is mine to do with as I please. In the realm of dream last night there was a beautiful woman who suggested we take the risk and simply enter into a relationship without consideration. I agreed. I was terrified. It was exciting. Waking, I am grateful to be alone, to be single, to have peace.

                  The cat was asleep on the ledge beside the door this morning, as it so often is these days. I put a bowl of food down, as I do each morning, and she walked over to it, took a few sniffs, and casually walked away. It’s difficult to read a cat. Today’s bowl was also what I consider to be her favourite flavour… she usually devours it. Perhaps she had eaten something during the night. 

                  Now I lie inside, enjoying the silence, investigating maps and trying to decide if I should drive to a museum, take a train, or just stay home and be lazy.

I made up my mind… I am currently at the Art Museum after an hour at the Science museum. It’s so tranquil and beautiful at the art museum. The Science museum is not quite that… it tends to be filled with very noisy children, even during member hours. Nevertheless, both museums are a great way to engage the mind and build a sense of wonder. They are a ten minute walk from each other, so it is very easy to visit both in a day. 

                  The drive home is a sad one… I saw a cat and then a rabbit that had been killed by cars. Tragic. 


Where I sat to write, Dallas Museum of Art



The view from my writing seat, Dallas Museum of Art

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

it's not someone else's fault.

big foot beats Jesus

their envy