calm


Outside, beyond my closed curtains, in the sunlight, they rush around attempting to make the most of their summer days. They rush to the shop and buy things to sacrifice upon the gas fire before racing to their family and friend’s  houses to spend the days chatting away about the new things they have bought or are planning to buy and about how they are striving to become richer and about how jealous they are of the new things their neighbours have. They constantly hurry and scurry like ants in an attempt to build their mini-empire and then, before they have found the happiness they spent their entire lives searching for, they get sick and die... never having paused to reflect, to listen, to think, to enjoy what they had and where they were.
Inside of these closed curtains I feel content. Nothing has changed in years, the cats and I simply live on... the simple life. I own nothing, I can lose nothing. I enjoy every quiet, peaceful and solitary minute that I have in here. Tomorrow there is London and bad Religion, but that shall be dealt with as it comes. Today, there is nothing... just calm.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

San Diego & Las Vegas

no reply

winter