inspiration


A night spent looking for the inspiration that I had temporarily found and then lost after the bad religion concert has proved fruitful. After a few drinks with a colleague after work I came home and watched ‘The Future is unwritten: Joe Strummer’ and felt deeply inspired once more. I’d also been listening to the Dead Kennedys on the way home and after twenty five years I still feel excited when I hear them. To almost overdose on this night of inspiration, I read a poem or two by Bukowski… one about a cat who had survived numerous ordeals and whom Bukowski was trying to claim to be his inspiration. In true Bukowski fashion, the poem ends with ‘[the cat] knows it’s bullshit too…’ and I couldn’t help but laugh out loud and feel a true sense of fulfilment.

I pity those who look to shallow forms of amusement and entertainment. Those who look to the boyband put together by a marketing company. Those who read books written specifically to appeal to slightly frustrated women going on holiday. Those who watch reality TV and spend their days looking forward to it. Those who long for rich princes who live in gilded palaces and want fifty children. Life is about the mind. Life is about caring. Life is about seeking meaning and hope and not about money and possessions and status.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

San Diego & Las Vegas

no reply

winter