question

Does anyone ever stop to ask themselves why they want children? Is it just a natural process of growing up to the thought of ‘I want children’? If so, why? I’m not attacking people who have or want children, I simply ask if they think about it first and understand their own reasons for wanting children. Is it to contribute to their own lives? To contribute to society and planet earth? Or to give a few cells and eggs the opportunity to join the masses and spend their life attempting to compete for success? Are any of these positives? So often we simply accept and subscribe to the dogma passed on to us as we develop. It’s not always bad, I just believe that we should question everything and only do things if we see them as beneficial to someone or something. Not just ‘Oh, I believe in god because... well... he made us.’ Or ‘I want children because my parents want grandchildren and it is what everyone has always done.’

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

San Diego & Las Vegas

no reply

winter