the earth shall inherit the meek


I awoke and reached to my right where you used to lie. The bed was empty, of course, but I was reminded of the time you awoke and smiled. You told me the smile arrived when you realised where you were and that was one of the greatest compliments I have known. It’s sick, but I still cannot move on, you are the only one. And yet, I am not waiting for you... I don’t long for you... I know that very idea is rife with problems and that we would probably collapse. In the mean time there is this page and this keyboard and I write on as it is my only true passion. I write on in the repeated attempt to express what it is that I feel and think and when that day finally arrives I may stop. For now there is too much injustice in life. I see the lazy being rewarded... I see the ignorant in power... I see people judging each other and I wonder how it is that we even managed to build a civilisation. I don’t know the answers but I do know that lately I am more and more tempted to simply walk away from the corporate world. The forced monotony and interaction with those who are obsessed with diet, success, commercial music/film/tv/radio, career, car, house brings me down.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

San Diego & Las Vegas

no reply

winter