passing by


So much beauty, so much life passes us by. So many people with whom links could be made live so far away, never to be met. I see a video of a friend in another country and almost instantly fall in love with her friend. But she is too far away, I am too old and they are too popular. It’s odd; when I was in my early twenties it wasn’t cool to be a nerd. Now there is nothing that can make one more popular than being a nerd. Punks and skaters were the rejects and now they are the leaders of the social community. 

Instead, I feel that the best times have passed. I am left alone to create and to enjoy that which has been created by others. But physical and emotional love is a past endeavour reserved for the young and the beautiful... or the rich. I toy with ideas of death and I am beaten down by those who don’t think... they merely spout out what they are taught from birth; that we must be positive and appreciate our lives and cling to them. They don’t ever ask why. They don’t dare oppose this notion, not even as a joke. 

The struggle continues.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

San Diego & Las Vegas

no reply

winter