safe


I walk down the street and see a beautiful young woman walking with her mother and her son just ahead of me. Noticing that the boy is saying hello to everyone and anyone he sees I instantly stop walking. Turning to my left I take a diversion through a tiny wooded area so that I can bypass the family and come out ahead of them. I see others walking by, chest out in pride, no thought, saying hello and displaying their mating/paternal characteristics to the young woman. I make it out ahead of them and I have escaped an awkward meeting in the street. I rapidly walk down the path to my front door. By the time the three generations of family pass by my window I am drinking a beer and watching them go by... the screams of the young boy drowned out by the music I have playing inside. I’m safe and alone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

San Diego & Las Vegas

no reply

winter