fanaticism


As the masses sit back and weep with patriotic emotion, I sit here listening to music, drinking wine, and the word rotating in my brain is ‘bullshit’. Perhaps I am wrong. Maybe it is a great spectacle. In fact, yes, it is... it is a great spectacle. It is a once in a lifetime event. Never the less, anything that causes such intense mass hysteria is not for me. It is so hyped up and extremely commercial. They simply may not rock the boat. The sweet, cute, comfy, well-dressed royals sit there in the crowd and lap it up.
                I appreciate people becoming interested in things. I think that hobbies are essential. But why does everything have to become a fanaticism? Why does everything become a complete obsession? People become interested in writing and then they are not capable of discussing anything other than writing and their entire existence revolves around writing. People begin to run and their entire lives become consumed with running. Dieting... cycling... swimming... it’s all the same... and I don’t have anything against those things but why the fanaticism? Just keep calm. Enjoy your interests but live your life as well.
                All fanaticism is bullshit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

San Diego & Las Vegas

no reply

winter