grey goddess



Demeter ran towards me, angrily, switching between all four legs and an upright position on her hind legs. She stopped before me and stared deeply with her cold, cruel eyes.
                ‘You denied me a daughter.’ She spoke in a calm voice that sounded like the winter winds scurrying over plates of ice.
                ‘But... your daughter brought winter to the earth.’ I attempted to defend myself.
Demeter rose to her back legs and rapidly spoke: ‘Persephone was partly human and therefore weak. We do not allow such weakness in the feline world. Do you see emotion displayed upon my face?’
                ‘No’
                ‘No, for there is none. We do not allow the petty human weakness of emotion. And, besides, what of winter? Winter is our season. Winter is why we live in these greyish blue coats. We are borne of vicious cruelty and death. We hunt, we torture, this is our legacy.’ 
Swiping a claw at my face she whispered ‘I wanted a daughter and you denied me.’

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

San Diego & Las Vegas

no reply

winter