postman save me


It’s good when it is a Saturday morning
It’s good when the postman arrives
And the only post is a film
And when there are no women to ask questions
And no plans and demands upon my time
And there are no people bouncing around in joy and childish elation.
It’s good when Morrissey plays on the stereo
It’s good when messages arrive but not people
And I sit here at this machine hitting its keys
And the cats stare at me and do as they please
And I contemplate having a bath
And feel its warmth as I lie back and continue to read Silas Marner
The day stretches out before me and it is filled with the promise of emptiness
An emptiness that feels good in the morning but seems almost life-threatening by night. Night time when the loneliness sometimes slowly drifts in like a low-lying fog and blocks the view to all things good. Then, as the weekend stretches and crawls slowly towards the working week life starts to crumble and we fall into unsettled pieces as our uncertain future beckons. Through this we must try to seek the things that keep us breathing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

San Diego & Las Vegas

no reply

winter