simple

So many people asked if I was prepared for the Boston winters when I was moving here from Madrid. I was born in Greater Manchester, England, and the winters in Boston are beautiful compared to what I grew up in. It is cold here but often beautifully sunny and blue. In Manchester we had cold accompanied by driving rain and endless grey skies. There is something of immense beauty in that too. There is nothing that can compare to going to an old pub that is hundreds of years old and has moss and the colour of centuries upon its walls. There is a smell in the air of freshness from a persistent rain wash. But yesterday, as I watched football from around England, I noticed that people were wrapped in thick raincoats and looked as miserable as sin as the rain soaked through to their bones. The inescapable wetness. I took a walk to the post office and was astonished by the brightness and the beauty of Massachusetts even at sub zero temperatures. My Massachusetts ID arrived in the post as if to celebrate the very fact that I was falling even more in love with the state. I feel that I may have found my place. It is a much lonelier life than that I had in Madrid but Madrid was an endless party and it was killing me. In Massachusetts I am able to balance a life of work, concerts, parties, creativity and exploration of nature and culture. Life is better the simpler that you are able to keep it.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

San Diego & Las Vegas

no reply

winter