forever

The photograph shows you lying in a park in Madrid wearing a blue Suicidal Tendencies shirt (that I bought for you at a Madrid skate shop) and beside you is a copy of Charlotte Bronte’s Jane Eyre (that I gave to you) lying upon your cardigan, through the collar of which is threaded a flower that you picked in the park that day. The grass is green, the sun is bright, your black hair with a tinge of auburn is shining as you bite your bottom lip to slightly disguise a smile. I took the photo five years ago and I remember the day as if it were today. You said that if you were looking for marriage I’d be perfect… but you were looking to have fun, to meet as many men as you could, to party… experience life to the full. I had to respect this and let you go. It wasn’t easy. We had watched films and laughed at our own comments all the way through. On weekends we cooked breakfast together and watched Sherlock Holmes. We explored Madrid. We travelled to London and Morocco. Later you told me it would be a big loss when I left for the USA and that I was a very important part of your life. Shortly after I arrived in America you stopped talking to me forever.
Image result for parque de berlin madrid

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

San Diego & Las Vegas

no reply

winter