Dallas

 

It has been a life of moving and change. I have lived in four different countries and in some cases, different parts of those countries. Nevertheless, it never gets easier to make a decision to move or stay. It never gets easier saying goodbye to friends and lovers. And, in spite of the fact that I have lived in different countries, it is also true that, within those countries, I have typically settled into a home and stayed on one place. Essentially, I love to travel, I love to experience new things, but I do not like to move. I hate packing up, I hate saying goodbye. Now, it seems, a change is upon me once more. After four years living in Cambridge, Massachusetts, it is most probable that I will move to Dallas, Texas towards the end of the year. I spent last week and weekend in Dallas and I am uncertain to say the least. I was unfortunate in that it rained most days I was there. Such was the extent that I began to ask people if they ever had clear blue skies. Later research has taught me that May is the month in which most annual rainfall falls in the area. On the positive side, it is spacious, and everything looks new (except the hotel room that I stayed in). The hotel was comfortable, and the room was large, almost an apartment, but the building in which it was situated was old.

            In the end, it was an opportunity to do some fun things such as test-driving Audi Sports cars and viewing beautiful properties for sale and for rent. Afterall, it is just me… no partner or children to worry about and, as a result, I can pack up and move around quite freely, as I have done in the past. A decision is to be made some time between now and the end of August. 







 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

San Diego & Las Vegas

no reply

winter