reach

 What caused you to reach out today? What is it that made you feel you wanted to connect with me on this day of all days? Was it a dream? Was it a photo? Was it a thought like ‘I need money and I think he has some’? Or is it merely a desire to be friendly and remain in touch? We once lived together. We made the decision to put our relationship into the hands of the government… something I could never fully come to terms with. Perhaps I’d read too much Thomas Hardy. It has just always seemed incredibly ridiculous to me that the government manages a relationship. If you want to end the relationship, you have to ask the government for permission to do so, and they decide who owes what (after you have paid them).

                  It can be sad how we grow older and lose excitement or enthusiasm… or both. We lose a lot of hope. I used to dream of love, of holding the hand of someone I was passionate about from afar. I used to dream of sharing time and space with them, of travelling and exploring side by side. I have had the fortune of experiencing this in life, but when I have wanted it to continue, the other has not wanted it to continue. When I have wanted it to end, the other has wanted it to continue. Now I want to contribute what I can to friendships, creativity, work, charities, and to enjoy my life as much as I can while I still can.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

San Diego & Las Vegas

no reply

winter