waving

 I awoke thinking about her. A woman I met in Madrid who had moved from Thailand, she’d married a Spanish gentleman. She heard about the drinks that we used to have every Thursday night and she came along… immediately we connected. She was intelligent, funny, completely into the social disorder that we created, and she was also impressively talented. For example, she was a professor at university (in her spare time) to teach aspiring young professionals about business and the tech side of business that she was involved in. She was also devastatingly beautiful. I decided to send her a message before getting out of bed, but when I opened our chat I realised I had sent her one just over a year ago and she had not replied. Having realised this, I never wrote a message, I merely sent a gif of a silly creature waving. Alas, there was no reply. To add insult to injury, I launched my photos and went to ‘on this day through the years.’ Eight years ago today we had gone to Madrid’s Circulo Belles Artes rooftop bar with my best friend and his girlfriend for Gin & Tonics. I have photos of her taking off my shoe and drawing on my foot with a pen. She was laughing and looked so happy. I know I was happy. And I was in love.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

San Diego & Las Vegas

no reply

winter