Fridge
Slow, solemn, and sad, thus begins the day. A few calls and discussions before deciding to change the scenery and walk to the office. Ridiculously, the decision comes down to the items in my fridge versus the cafeteria in the office building. I love to support the cafeteria, but I also need to utilise my groceries because I refuse to throw food away, and I want to reduce costs.
I sit in the cafeteria now and, as always, I am astonished by people. Fridges in public spaces have glass doors so that customers can make a decision before they open the door to select the item they want. However, as I sit here for 20 minutes on most days, I observe that at least 80% of people open the door and stand with the door open trying to make a decision. And people do not make decisions very quickly. Typically, before I even enter the building, I know what I want from the fridge. It is not difficult to spot the item, open the door, pick up the item, close the door. Small things go a long way to conserving energy and reducing unnecessary strain on the planet and its resources. Yes, I know you will laugh at this, but it is true.
The World Cup is over, and it is time to try to be a little bit healthier, it was like going on tour with a rock n roll band with drinks and snacks on a daily basis. I am quite astonished that I have come out of it alive, to be honest. Although, having survived three years in Madrid, Spain, there are many things that I can survive. Sadly, with the World Cup ending, we start to roller coaster back into daily negative politics and news. I remain firm in my resolve to create, to learn, to seek and do positive things that improve myself as a person and, by extension, if I am fortunate, my community and beyond.

Comments
Post a Comment