Manazuru

 It is 40 degrees Celsius, 100 Fahrenheit, and I worry constantly about the cat. We try our best and yet we still make mistakes. For example, has it been a mistake to feed this cat for years? Would it have moved on and found a better life? Would it have perished? Is it perhaps living its best life right now? I don’t know. 

I think of my family, how much my parents did for my brother and I, how differently we turned out. Why? I miss my mother tremendously. My dad has become a friend, and each day I talk to him and try in some way to repay all that was done for me. The concept of family was smaller for us, we moved away from the larger family and, even though I think of my childhood as a wonderful time, I never wanted a family of my own. I love peace and calm and quiet… but I also get lonely at times. Then I chat to friends who are married and they tell me they are horribly lonely and feel trapped in a nightmare loneliness. That is worse. It’s true that the good people disappear and the bad ones never do. 

                  Manazuru, the book I am currently reading, is another one that has me reflecting deeply. These family thoughts stem partially from Manazuru. It’s beautiful, it is poetic, it is thoughtful… and it reminds me just how fragile our relationships and our lives are. Everyone deserves kindness and respect and dignity, food and shelter, but, sadly, many do not receive respect and cannot afford food and shelter. We exist in a time where people fight to retain power whilst doing absolutely nothing to help anyone except themselves with that power. It is something I can’t understand on any level whatsoever. 

                  Today I launched the Travel in Solitude YouTube channel as a companion, and experiment, alongside my Booktowrite channel (which is now 1.5 years into activity and still making no money at all). 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

it's not someone else's fault.

their envy

french night