On this day...

 On this day, one year ago, I was in Salt Lake City for the first time. The 2nd of august was the day of the Bad Religion concert that I used as an excuse to travel. It was an interesting time because the city is beautiful, it is well connected to the airport with a clean, efficient, and cheap train, it has a beautiful natural history museum and great bars and restaurants… but I found the people to be a little bit strange. They seemed to be either hippies who appeared to have come down from the mountains or they were extremely conservative religious types. There was no in between. Nevertheless, it was a wonderful trip and I have fond memories of riding on the bus up into the hills to visit the Natural History Museum. I also recall riding Lime Scooters around and even riding one to a sushi restaurant close to the music venue before riding the scooter to the venue to watch Bad Religion. I rode the same scooter from the concert to my hotel later that night. 

              Four years ago, on this day, I was in Guildford, England, visiting my friend in the town where I lived for twelve years. We walked along the River Wey with the most beautiful scenery from his home in Bramley to the center of Guildford where we went to The White House pub for beers. I love OneDrive and its ‘on this day through the years’ feature. Each morning when I awake, it is one of the first things that I do… visit old photos. Most mornings it brings me joy, other mornings it brings sadness when I see an ex or my mother who is no longer with us, or my cats from England. Life is beautiful and sad, but it’s all that we have. 

 


 

“The Family” by Edward J. Fraughton. Main Street in downtown Salt Lake City



 Beers at The White House, Guildford, Surrey, England. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

it's not someone else's fault.

big foot beats Jesus

their envy