The hangover's grip

 The hangover’s grip starts to loosen as I sit beside the pool with headphones on listening to Sepultura’s “A Hora e a Vez do Cabelo Nascer”. Prior to venturing down to the pool, I had a large coca cola filled with ice and that as something of an elixir. When I first got to the pool, I submerged myself under water for a while and then read a few pages whilst in the water. I assumed I was alone only to look up and see a lady sitting on the other side of a little flower bed that juts out into the pool. I felt grateful that I had not been singing. A family arrived with children at that point and so I moved to one of the deck chairs beside the pool and put my noise cancelling headphones on. After a short while, however, the heat was too much so I left and returned to the safety of my apartment.

            Insanity gripped me as the afternoon sauntered through waves of heat wrapped in tunnels of blinding bright light and I got onto my bicycle and cycled out to the music factory once more. This time fuelled by the cravings brought on by the hangover. I ordered a pizza with extra mushrooms and olives and sat in something of a dreamlike state, staring around me at people talking about American football and other nonsense that I could not even comprehend. I was wearing a Motorhead shirt, and a lady in a cowboy hat came over to tell me that she loved my shirt and loved Motorhead. When I thanked her, she was shocked to discover that I am British and shouted over to the other side of the bar where there was another Brit. He came over and shook my hand, and we spoke for a little while. I asked the lady if I could have her cowboy hat to go with my shirt, but she laughed and said no. 

            Then, in the morning, with the rising sun, needing to evacuate my apartment for a few hours, I drift towards those who stare at screens and bemoan their lot in life as the status quo devours their very souls and spits them out into an unrelenting universe of peasantry. I dare not speak of anything I am building. I am comfortable and I am happy. 



            

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

it's not someone else's fault.

big foot beats Jesus

their envy