a song called hope

 Hope is not always as loud as bad news, but it exists. Hope is what we need. And to stop living with so much worry about what might not happen. The meeting that you are dreading may turn out to be fun, interactive, and productive. Even if it is not, it will be something that helps you to learn… and leaves you feeling better once it is over. 

                  I often worry about health… sometimes due to genetics and other times due to my own poor choices, but I often feel peaceful, happy, and hopeful in a regular evening at home, reading a book or watching a film, grateful for the opportunity I have had to build a life that has involved travel, romance and love, exploration, art and culture, whilst building financial security and freedom. I still get excited about learning, about creating, about attending a museum or a concert, and about meeting new people upon my travels… even if that is just a simple walk in my own neighbourhood. 

                  Inspiring myself… I walk to the bar. What kind of a person inspires themselves to walk to the bar? Someone who has been pushed to the very edge by society and its support of corruption and evil? Or just an alcoholic looking for excuses? Or both. Living alone often brings the desire to go out and see people and talk to people. It was a great walk and chat along with a couple of beers and a Shrimp Yakisoba from the restaurant across the street from the bar. 

                  Arriving home I see a hilarious faceplant as people try to corner Jack Smith but, of course, have all of their facts incorrect and use completely incorrect evidence to try to trap him. Returning to the beginning… it fills one with hope. 


Campion Trail, Las Colinas, Texas. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

it's not someone else's fault.

big foot beats Jesus

their envy