last night...

 The last night in San Diego has arrived… and the day started really badly due to a terrible hangover, the worst I have had in years, and regrets from the night before. I lay in bed and watched European soccer, Man Utd v Sabah, then finally ventured out. I had originally intended to go to a British pub called The Shakespeare but missed it due to my hangover. Therefore, once feeling better, I decided to head there on the train. When I got out at the station, there were people fighting and the area was very industrial. To get to the pub I had to cross an extremely busy road that as under construction, under a highway. I decided to turn around and walk back to the train. Craving British food, I took a few stops back and went to little Italy to the Prince’s Pub. It was disappointing. 

                  I walked back to my hotel and then, after a rest, took an Uber to the Gas Lamp Quarter and visited one of my favourite bars, The Blind Burro. As a social experiment, I Ubered back to my hotel after. I say a social experiment because I am contemplating getting rid of my car next year and just using Ubers when needed. My calculations tell me this is less costly and less stressful. Usually, I walk from the bay to Blind Burro, but there was an extreme heat warning today and, with a handover, I thought it would be better to waste some money on Ubers. One of the reasons I wanted to come to San Diego was to escape the Dallas heat but whilst I have been here, the temperature has been the same as Dallas. I leave tomorrow and the temperatures go back to their regular level. 



Mosaic Baseball player, San Diego Water park.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

it's not someone else's fault.

big foot beats Jesus

their envy