religion

 As a lifelong punk rocker, people assume that I have no awareness of the bible or its teachings, that I don’t know about Jesus Christ. I am an atheist, yes, but I do believe that Jesus existed. He was a human being. And I believe that he was one of the most progressive revolutionaries to ever exist. His compassion and forgiveness resulted in him being put to death because people simply could not understand him. It has been the same for two thousand years, any progressive with a different ideology is marginalised and punished. As for the bible, I studied it as a part of my literary studies, as a work of fiction. However, to be brutally honest, I preferred to focus on serious and artistic literature, not that of made-up fables to try to convince mankind that death is not so bad or that there was a virgin birth, presumably to hide the reality of what happened. 

                  That said, I am now on vacation for a week… but it somehow doesn’t feel like it. I feel like something is left undone. I feel almost guilty. I remember the old days of going on vacation and people at work would say ‘have a great time.’ Now you tell people you are going on vacation, and it is merely acknowledged as a fact and one is left wondering what the thoughts are in the minds of those you are informing. Nevertheless, I continue my research of San Diego and start to get excited at the prospect of going to the Art Museum and the Comic Con Museum at Balboa Park. It is my first trip since April when I went to Milwaukee for a few days to see The Menzingers and to visit that great city for the first time. And, coincidentally, I will see The Menzingers again, here in Dallas, a couple of weeks after returning from San Diego. 

                  Finally, I love the fact that Trump is now suffering at the hands of the BBC after trying to sue them thinking they’d bow down like American media companies. 

                  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

it's not someone else's fault.

big foot beats Jesus

their envy