c'est la vie

 A sombre and silent Sunday morning spent in bed. Outside the sun hides beneath a blanket of dark grey and a gentle drizzle fills the air. It is beautiful. A dramatic change. The temperature has dropped significantly, and we can look forward to a few pleasant months. Messages matter little when the recipient doesn’t respond… or, if they do, the response is like a final farewell. Almost like a middle finger in words. 

                  Formidable replied to the video link I sent her, which brought a flicker of cheer… but the message was brief and certainly was intended not to provoke engagement. C’est la vie. The world keeps turning. Sometimes you get what you wish for and I always wished for solitude. 

                  Monday morning was spent in the office and it was pleasant. Arriving before 7am means there is a lot of peace, quiet, calm, then, as people start to arrive, they gently say hello and the day builds. By midday, having spent more than 5 hours there, I pack up and come home. As I write this, I am sitting beside the pool after a brief swim. Life can be beautiful. Introspective reflection can be positive and productive, not always a suicidal death spiral.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

it's not someone else's fault.

big foot beats Jesus

their envy